The South Manchester Down's Syndrome Support Group gets no government funding and relies totally on donations and grants. The group is entirely run on volunteer help.
Our chatterbox clubs cost about £700 a month to run. With 30 families the true cost is over £20 per family per month, we aim to cover 50% of this cost, with further subsidies for families who need it.
We send out over 100 copies of our newsletter each month, the majority of which are still sent by post.
If we want to continue doing Chatterbox sessions, sending our newsletters and offering free and/or subsidised events then we have to do some fundraising.
What Can You Do?
* Make an online donation at our LocalGiving site
* Sign up to support as at EasyFundraising. Just do your normal online shopping and help raise money. To make this even easier install the Find & Remind add on to your browser to make sure that your online shopping counts.
* You can also use EasySearch, and for every search you make we get a small donation.
* do a car boot sale
* bake cakes and sell them at your school or work
* do a sponsered event
* have a wear green day at work or school
* sell some unwanted items on e-bay
* Do you have a skill that would be useful to the group?
* Can you spare a couple of hours every month to do the jobs that keep the group running?
* Can you volunteer to help set up or clean up at a Chatterbox Club?
We are always looking for help from parents, friends or relatives. If you feel you could spare some time to help on the committe, help organise an event or fundraise then please let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a donation contact email@example.com or donate through our local giving site http://localgiving.com/charity/dsmanchester