(21 days ago)
The South Manchester Down's Syndrome Support Group is parent-led. We aim to support families and carers and all those with an interest in Down's Syndrome in south Manchester and the surrounding area. We are affiliated to the National Down's Syndrome Association.
- Is run by parent volunteers
- Supports parents/carers by providing opportunities to meet, have a drink, a chat and share information
- Issues a monthly newsletter with extensive information about regional events, Down’s syndrome and disability
- Organises monthly specialist speech and language classes
- Nurtures friendships between siblings of children who have Down’s syndrome
- Organises high quality training days for parents and professionals that address the specific learning needs of children with Down’s syndrome
- Empowers parents with knowledge
- Has resources that can be borrowed – DVD’s and books
- Organises days out and great Christmas parties!
- To become a member please complete our membership form